NILD General Licensure
General licensure is open to those who have completed NILD Educational Therapy Level I Training. As an NILD licensee you’ll enjoy the advantages of these valuable benefits:
Click here to print the NILD Licensure Application (renewable annually by October 1; licensure expires annually on September 30 and must be renewed in order to continue practicing educational therapy utilizing NILD's name, techniques, and/or materials) OR you can renew online
Continuing Education Opportunities:
NILD provides numerous continuous professional development opportunities including convenient webinars, workshops, and conferences and more than 50 events to earn ACSI approved CEUs.
Licensees can participate in an e-conference as well as special interest groups to regularly connect with other therapists.
Discounts on NILD Materials, Courses, and Conferences:
As an NILD licensee you will enjoy discounts on products, materials, and webinars at NILD’s online store. Licensee discounts are also provided for most courses, conferences and workshops at the time of registration.
Career Building Tools:
Being licensed means you will be listed on our "Find A Therapist" link, can advertise position openings, spotlight your credentials, and use the NILD name and logo for brand awareness, advertising and marketing, and conduct educational therapy utilizing NILD techniques and materials.
NILD Affiliate Membership
Affiliate membership is open to inactive/retired educational therapists, college students, teachers, parents Search and Teach© providers, missionaries, and those who have taken our Rx for Discovery Reading, Rx 4 Discovery Math and/or Rx for Discovery Writing courses and who are NOT educational therapists. Affiliate membership is also open to interested lay people.
Click here to print the Affiliate Member Application (renewable annually by October 1; member benefits expire annually on September 30) OR you can renew/join online.
Get connected by receiving:
- 10% discount on NILD materials (excluding therapy materials)
- 5% discount on Educational Training Events
- Free subscription to NILD's email conference
NILD Professionally Certified Educational Therapist (PCET) Qualifications & Certification Procedures
The NILD Professionally Certified Educational Therapist (PCET) certification is recognized and respected by educational therapists, administrators and parents alike. Educational therapists who earn this certification exemplify NILD’s core values as they demonstrate integrity, stimulate learning and innovation, and promote teamwork and collaboration. NILD PCETs show integrity by maintaining high professional standards and commitment to students. They choose to be innovative by being part of an organization that knows mere compensation for learning disabilities will never do justice to a struggling student. And they exhibit synergy; the combined, cooperative action, which proves that much more, can be accomplished as we work together.
NILD PCETs are NILD’s most highly trained therapists who, in addition to being licensed to practice NILD educational therapy, are professionally certified. The process of becoming professionally certified as well as maintaining professional certification from year-to-year challenges therapists to maintain high standards through on-going professional development requirements.
Upon successful completion of NILD Level III training, and all the prerequisites required for taking the Level III course, the educational therapist may apply (see below for Application & Renewal Procedures) for PCET status. This certification is renewed annually by October 1st and expires on September 30th of the succeeding year.
NILD PCET Initial Certification Qualifications:
- Successful completion of NILD Trainings Levels I, II, and III
- NILD Conference attendance (minimum: 1 conference within the last 2 years)
- 200 student contact hours within the past year
- Two Letters of Reference (see PCET application for details)
NILD PCET Re-certification Professional Development Requirements:
- Attendance at 1 Regional Conference within the last 2 years
- 200 student contact hours within the past year
- Complete ONE of the following options:
- Take an NILD course or workshop
- 3 CEUs from education related class or workshop
- 3 Graduate Credits
- Take an FIE training course
- Participate in 2 NILD webinars or within related field
- Be an NILD Mentor
- Present at an NILD conference or industry related conference
NILD Professional Certification Application & Renewal Procedures:
1. You may apply for NILD professional certification upon completion of your NILD Level III training. The same PCET Application Form is used for initial applicants and annual recertification. Certification expires annually on September 30 and all NILD PCETs must re-certify by October 1 of each year.
2. Upon successful completion of the three levels of NILD training and the additional requirements noted on the PCET Application Form, the NILD Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Instructors award the educational therapist a certificate of achievement as a Professionally Certified Educational Therapist (PCET). Certificates are mailed as soon as they are issued and newly credentialed PCETs are recognized at a subsequent NILD regional conference.
3. Certification includes NILD member benefits and license to practice as an NILD Educational Therapist for the ensuing year. Annual PCET certification or re-certification expires on September 30th.
4. Recertification: To remain active as an NILD PCET recertification is required using the PCET Application Form.
We invite all educational therapists to work toward achieving and maintaining professional certification. It is a fitting and meaningful way to recognize your professionalism and commitment to excellence. Congratulations on taking this exciting step!