This workshop is designed to instruct participants how to effectively provide NILD Teletherapy with the same accuracy as face-to-face and how to use this NILD/OmniJoin teletherapy platform. An NILD Teletherapist License is required to actually use the teletherapy platform. This license is not included with the workshop but requires an additional purchase. Click below for more information about licensure.
Families may prefer teletherapy when:
- They have difficulty finding a trained ET in their area
- The student is home-bound
- They live in a remote location
- They live out-of-country
Advantages to therapist:
- Reduced commute times
- Increased reach
- Continue working with a student whose family moves
- Increased availability time
- Can be used to meet with teachers/administrators during an IEP meeting
- Can be used to review Individualized Therapy Plans with Parents (a PPT with a summary of the Psycho-Educational Evaluation is very effective)
- User-friendly with intuitive menu options and simple controls
- Ample training and support available through our online platform’s (OmniJoin) website
The workshop is delivered LIVE over the internet. Click here for the dates of upcoming NILD Telepractice Workshops and registration information.
NILD Teletherapy enables educational therapists to reach students who are homebound, geographically remote or otherwise unable to engage in face-to-face therapy. NILD Telepractice enables educational therapists to expand their practices and add flexible scheduling to a busy workday. OmniJoin is a fantastic online platform for connecting with parents, teachers, and other colleagues as you seek to meet the needs of your therapy students.
- Successful completion of NILD Level II course.
- Note that upon successful completion of this workshop,
participants become eligible to purchase an NILD Teletherapist License which is required in order to use the OmniJoin/NILD teletherapy platform. Click above to download licensure information.
- There are no preparatory assignments.