NILD offers seminars delivered LIVE over the internet (“webinars”) featuring experts and top educators who address current topics in the field of learning disabilities. Participants have the opportunity to submit questions to the webinar instructor to be addressed at the conclusion of each event. Information is provided on a wide range of topics, from young child development to understanding reading to the reading brain, understanding assessments, and making math count. As an valuable resource of current and best-practices information, you can access an archive of our webinars by clicking on the following link:
Upcoming Live Webinars
Benefits of NILD Webinars:
- Earn CEUs from the convenience of your desktop computer or mobile device
- Lowest cost option to meet PCET professional development requirements for re-certification
- PowerPoint handouts will be made available prior to broadcast
- Re-watch all or part of the webinar multiple times as this every broadcast will be archived for at least 90 days following the live event
- If you are unable to view the live broadcast, you will still be able to view the archive
|Dates||Location||Status||Details and Remarks|
Aug 22-Aug 30, 2020
6 Month Webinar Subscription
Mar 10-Mar 10, 2020
Brief overview: Reviewing all the elements of the annual testing battery, using Error Analysis on the informal assessments, incorporating graphs to report progress over time, and how to use RPIs to report progress to others.
Online seminar delivered LIVE over the internet.
Webinar topic: Funding Special Services: One School’s Journey
Instructor: Kathy Keafer, Ed.D., NILD PCET
- EXPLORE: how a variety of academic services can be affordable for families and Christian schools
- LEARN: how some services AND educational materials in private, faith-based schools can be accessible using public funds
- DISCOVER: how tuition assistance funds may be provided through tax credit programs in some states and professional training can be financed through Title II A funds
Dr. Keafer is the Administrator for Johnstown Christian School, serving in that position since 2008. Kathy was also the Director of Johnstown Christian School’s Discovery Center for 17 years. Kathy is an adjunct professor for Liberty University and Regent University, holds licensure in Pennsylvania in Speech Pathology and Special Education and served as NILD’s Director of Research & Curriculum from 2002 to 2008.
Don’t miss Dr. Milt Uecker’s upcoming webinar entitled Developing “Mathematical Thinking”. If you are a classroom teacher, parent, and/or educational therapist, you will benefit from the insightful and practical information Milt will share to assist you to stimulate mathematical thinking and problem solving to engage learners in all grades (K-12).
Miriam Jordan presented a webinar entitled “Going Beyond NILD Level 1 Training: Trained, Equipped, Now What?” Brand new NILD Educational Therapists as well as seasoned educational therapists will not want to miss this learning opportunity to empower you to step into the role of NILD Educational Therapist in your community! Learn new ways to expand your impact as an educational therapist throughout your community.
Unable to participate in a live webinar? Take advantage of our previously recorded webinars on a broad range of topics available: Click here for more information about how to access NILD’s webinar archive.