NILD TELEPRACTICE I WORKSHOP
Featured: NILD TELEPRACTICE I WORKSHOP (ONLINE)
Always available | Virtual | $150.00
Prefer another date?
This workshop is designed to instruct participants how to effectively provide NILD Teletherapy with the same accuracy as face-to-face and how to use this NILD/Zoom teletherapy platform. An NILD Teletherapist License is required to actually use the teletherapy platform. This license is not included with the workshop but requires an additional purchase. Click below for more information about licensure.
Families may prefer teletherapy when:
- They have difficulty finding a trained ET in their area
- The student is home-bound
- They live in a remote location
- They live out-of-country
Advantages to therapist:
- Reduced commute times
- Increased reach
- Continue working with a student whose family moves
- Increased availability time
- Can be used to meet with teachers/administrators during an IEP meeting
- Can be used to review Individualized Therapy Plans with Parents (a PPT with a summary of the Psycho-Educational Evaluation is very effective)
- User-friendly with intuitive menu options and simple controls
- Ample training and support available through our online platform’s (Zoom) website
The workshop is pre-recorded and is available anytime.
NILD Teletherapy enables educational therapists to reach students who are homebound, geographically remote or otherwise unable to engage in face-to-face therapy. NILD Telepractice I enables educational therapists to expand their practices and add flexible scheduling to a busy workday. Zoom is a fantastic online platform for connecting with parents, teachers, and other colleagues as you seek to meet the needs of your therapy students. It is also HIPAA compliant via our licensing procedures and it the only platform approved to conduct NILD Educational Therapy.
- Successful completion of NILD Level I course.
- This course is a pre-requisite for NILD Telepractice II.
- Note that upon successful completion of this workshop, participants become eligible to purchase an NILD Teletherapist License which is required in order to use the Zoom/NILD teletherapy platform and conduct NILD Educational Therapy digitally. Click above to download licensure information.
- I am unable to see students in person. Can I conduct therapy virtually online?
Yes, if you have been trained in telepractice by NILD AND have either an approved license or teletherapist certification.}}
- What is telepractice training?
NILD has pre-recorded a short two-hour training providing the proper procedure as well as tips and tricks for providing NILD Educational Therapy in a digital format.}}
- How much does telepractice training cost?
The cost is $150.}}
- Does telepractice training allow me to conduct NILD Educational Therapy online?
No, not by itself. You need an approved teletherapist certification.}}
- Do I get any digital files after training?
No, but if you purchase your teletherapist certification, we do send a set of digital teletherapy files to help you get started.}}
- What platform do I use to conduct NILD Educational Therapy?
In order to practice NILD Educational Therapy virtually, we ask that you conduct your sessions on either Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, or a HIPAA/PIPEDA compliant Zoom account.}}
- What is the cost of certification?
$50 annually – due September 1.}}
- Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us at 757-423-8646 or email@example.com.}}