- Learn how to use the language of comparisons to add bridging opportunities
- Unleash the power of metaphors and analogies to develop fluent thinking
- Employ metaphors that are essential to understanding analogies
- How to use this technique for younger students
- Understand how to prepare students to think metaphorically prior to launching into the NILD technique
About Your Instructor:
Kathleen Hopkins, Ed.D.
Expert NILD Educational Therapist, Instructor, National & International Speaker, and Author
Dr. Kathleen Hopkins has been involved in the field of education for over 40 years. She received her doctorate in education from the College of William and Mary. From 1991 to 2012, she was the Executive Director of the National Institute for Learning Development (NILD). Currently, she presents workshops around the country as well as internationally on topics related to learning development. She is the author of How to Learn in a What-to-Learn Culturewhich gives encouragement and tools to classroom teachers as well as her newly released book Getting a Grip.
Monthly webinars from top experts in the field of learning science, plus unlimited access to webinar library.