Executive Functions Developing the Capacity for Knowing What, When, How and Why
- Gain a deeper understanding of executive functions
- Discover how executive functions deficits impact the behavior and academic production of children and adolescents
- Acquire state-of-the-art knowledge regarding:
- Executive function strengths and weaknesses
- The relationship between executive functions and motivation
- The most effective ways to help children and adolescents improve their use of executive functions
About Your Instructor:
Dr. George McCloskey
George McCloskey, Ph.D., is a Professor and Director of School Psychology Research in the Psychology Department of the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and holds Diplomate status with the American Academy of Pediatric Neuropsychology. He is a nationally and internationally recognized expert on the topic of executive functions and frequently presents on this topic at international, national, regional and state professional organization meetings.
Dr. McCloskey is the author of The McCloskey Executive Functions Scales and the lead author of two books: Assessment and Intervention for Executive Function Difficulties and Essentials of Executive Functions Assessment and the recently published Teacher Report Form of the McCloskey Executive Functions Scales (MEFS) available from Schoolhouse Educational Services.
Dr. McCloskey works with individual clients diagnosed with executive functions deficits including adults and children and their parents and consults with a number of organizations and private schools.
Monthly webinars from top experts in the field of learning science, plus unlimited access to webinar library.