The Basics of Processing Speed
- Define processing speed
- Discover how processing speed fits in with executive functions
- Explore the causes and symptoms of slow processing speed
- Examine the relationships between slow processing speed & reading and slow processing speed & attention
- Identify the connection between processing speed and intelligence
- Isolate effective interventions for slow processing speed
- Learn how processing speed affects the life and learning abilities of your students.
About Your Instructor:
Lorri Wilke, M.Ed., NILD PCET
NILD Professionally Certified Educational Therapist
Certified FIE Practitioner
Cognitive Training Specialist
Lorri has worked in the field of education for almost 30 years. She maintains a private practice just outside of Chicago, IL working with those who learn differently in addition to teaching English literature, grammar, and composition online to students around the world. She is an NILD instructor for the Level I and Rx for Discovery Math courses and contributed to the creation of NILD's Mediating Math Student Workbooks and the new Rx for Discovery Writing intervention. Uncovering God-given gifts and developing a lifelong love of learning in students is Lorri's passion.
Monthly webinars from top experts in the field of learning science, plus unlimited access to webinar library.