The Cognitive Science of Proverbs
- Deepen your appreciation for the power and purpose of Proverbs in your NILD educational therapy sessions
- Learn new approaches from the ancient art of Proverbs
- Gain appreciation for the cognitive science of Proverbs
- Explore why and when to use figurative language
- Laugh at the humor of proverbs
- Use these new ideas right away
About Your Instructor:
Kathleen Hopkins, Ed.D.
Expert NILD Educational Therapist, Instructor, National & International Speaker, and Author
Dr. Hopkins has been involved in the field of education for over 40 years. She received her doctorate in education from the College of William and Mary. From 1999 to 2012 Dr. Hopkins was the Executive Director of the National Institute for Learning Development (NILD). Currently, she serves as an educational consultant. She presents workshops around the country as well as internationally on topics related to learning development. Dr. Hopkins is also an instructor for the Feuerstein Program of Instrumental Enrichment and studies in Israel and France to receive this distinction. She is the author of How to Learn in a What-to-Learn Culture which gives encouragement and tools to classroom teachers.
Monthly webinars from top experts in the field of learning science, plus unlimited access to webinar library.